Do you ever forget to brush your teeth before bed? Let’s be honest, we’ve all been there. Sometimes you’re just too tired, or you forget. But it’s important to know that forgetting to brush your teeth can have some serious consequences, from cavities to gum disease and beyond. After reading this list, we’re pretty sure you’ll never let yourself slip again!
Here is what happens when you forget to brush your teeth:
- All the bacteria in your mouth feast on the food particles left in your teeth. These bacteria produce acid that eats away at the teeth, causing cavities. The more sugary food particles there are in your mouth, the higher risk that you’ll develop a cavity.
- A common byproduct of bacteria, plaque, can harden on your teeth. Once it has calcified it’s impossible to remove with a toothbrush and can only be removed by a professional during a dental cleaning.
- Your gums can become infected by the plaque buildup and will get red and inflamed. Eventually your gums will start pulling away from your teeth, which is a sign of gum disease.
- Your teeth will develop unsightly stains, which will be hard to remove.
- Lack of brushing will result in bad breath, which can be a symptom of more serious health problems.
Your dental health is closely linked to the health of the rest of your body. If you don’t treat your mouth with care, you could be putting yourself at risk. Taking time to properly brush and floss your teeth before bed is an easy way to keep yourself healthy, and save yourself a lot of dental bills down the line.
If you have any more questions about your dental health or proper brushing techniques, call Del Ray Dental Center today and one of our team members will be happy to help!Contact Us